Sunday, 10 July 2011

We made it!

So, despite the rather desperate weather yesterday, Dan and I managed to finish putting together the remaining frames!  Thanks to Darren, who brought round some new foundation after footie on Thursday, we had everything we needed.  There was a perfect moment when a honeybee flew down to see what we were up to and started exploring in amongst the frames, but sadly I wasn't quick enough to take what would have been a great photo!  It gave me confidence that our work was heading in the right direction.

Then we headed up the farm with our newly completed hive put it in pride of place, all ready for the bees to inhabit!

The hive in situ!

We both felt really pleased and proud to have finally got everything in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment